Sunday, June 5, 2005

John Doe

The other day, as I was waiting for the green light on Broadway, I saw a homeless guy sleeping on the bench in the middle of the street.

This is the guy that I thought to have passed away and, all of a sudden, reappeared in the neighborhood back a month or two ago.

He was sound asleep… like a baby.

When I was looking at him, I fell really happy because he seemed content and happy in his dream. He still had that plastic thing around his wrist, which is a trace of hospitalization.

His condition seems to have worsened since his first appearance in the neighborhood (of course if my perception is correct...).

On a good day, I wonder whether there is anything that I could help him with… Unfortunately, it is difficult to help people unless they want help.

On a bad day, I wonder whether I am any better off than him… thinking how content he looked in his sleep (I know, this is a thought too very ungrateful given the amount of support provided to me. It is just my depressive trend of thought).

No comments: