Tuesday, July 10, 2007

To be Ratprincess...

After days if not weeks of suffering the "afternoon-on fever," last Thursday, I realized that my stomach was not feeling well... Thinking back about my no-good appetite for those days, my mom and I concluded that... possibly, my dear stomach was starting to protest about the high dosage of pain killers I had been taken for 2 and half week... The fever finally seized after I started to take some of the stomach meds mom brought with her from Taiwan.

I had thought that it was me imagining up this fever thing or that was something psychosomatic... The observations that fevers eventually seized to occur after I started taking the stomach meds could either be nothing more than coincidence. At the some time, such observations could indicate some causal relation between stomach condition and the fever that was driving me crazy.

Of course, it could simply be the placebo effect...

Just when I thought... for once in my life, I could be focusing on complaining about my physical conditions instead of those of mental health.... I am proven to be wrong.
Nothing goes on up there in my head since the accident.

Other than mourning about the aches, pains and discomforts, I haven't been doing much for the past three weeks. Nothing much happens upstairs. Nothing much to be observed either.

After my conversation with one of my boss yesterday afternoon, I came to the realization that all the drugs, including the muscle relaxant and seroquel, I have been taken have made me a dumb dumb again...

Ya, I found it difficult for me to retain more than 3 things in my short term memory....

So I talked to doctors and doctors... Finally, it was suggested that, shall the pain be not so bad, I should try to take only half the dosage of the muscle relaxant cuz what muscle relaxants do is to slow down the traffic between synapses.

Just when I thought that was an easy way out... I found myself woke up this morning in pain--- the kind of unbearable pains that I used to experience 1-2 weeks ago....

Realizing it is the drugs that are masking the pains from me... I laid back down in bed after taking the remaining portion of the muscle relaxant in addition to the pain killer, --- wishing the pains would go away.

The pains did go away.... leaving the problem of my dumb dumb being unresolved.

Now that one side of the meds can't change... leaving me only two more options....

To see whether something could be done with the antipsychotic part...

Or, to remain dumb dumb....

Doesn't it seem like, to be Ratprincess, all lead to mental-health-related problems... lol :-x

No comments: