Monday, December 17, 2007

Icy Roads

I saw my psychiatrist today.

I really saw him briefly while waiting for and in the elevator... because I was damned late.

It was not as if I wanted to be late... it was just... in addition to everything else, I missed my bus stop and had to walk back the distance that felt like a few miles...

Off the bus...

I stood there staring at the ice...

I tested the ice and tried to see whether I could get onto the pavement without a fall...

Slippery... Slippery ice... I thought...

Inches away from the pavement... I thought...

I can't get stuck staring at the ice though since staring at the thin ice is not gonna move me too far...

I had to take an alternative route...

And what would be the alternative to get me on the road?

So I started to walk... on the road.

Against the traffic... on the road.

Until the time to come... crossover I could walk.

I finally arrived at the building and got to the 12th floor...

At the elevator stood my shrink...

I apologized sincerely for being so very late...

for one's 5-minute distance is my 30-minute + walk...

Then, I got back out... at large... to the icy roads.

No comments: